[thelist] Retrieving password() field from a MySQL table

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Mon Jan 20 19:47:00 CST 2003

Howdy all -

I have username/password pairs stored in a user table. The passwords
were stored using the password() function in MySQL. When I want to
retrieve that password info though, I'm realizing now that I may not be
able to do so. Am I correct on that? IS there a better way?

Eventually I just need to be able to return the password for those who
forget. Perhaps I should just go without encoding it in the first
place.(?)

Thanks.

BH