[thelist] Odd stat needed for PC-to-Phone survey.

Philip Warbasse (info) info at warbassedesign.com
Wed Jan 22 12:54:01 CST 2003

Hello,

I am currently involved in a PC-to-Phone project that is designed to assist in the area of customer service during online sales.  Regardless of the usefulness of this technology we are curious, and would like to try and estimate, how many microphones (connected to PC's) are currently in use.  A lot of people do not have microphones.  The question is how many?

My question is:  Does anyone know where I might be able to find facts like this? PC user statistics or something? I have tried a lot of keyword searches on google and have found no useful returns.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone who might have some insight on this rather unusual statistic.  Thanks.

Regards,
Philip Warbasse