[thelist] IE 6 displays XML code when I submit a form from an XHTML page

Sarah Sweeney sarah at designshift.com
Wed Jan 22 14:13:01 CST 2003

Hello, all!

I am developing a new site with XHTML and ColdFusion. I have a login form
which, when it is filled in and submitted (but not if the form isn't filled
in), shows me the XML for the submit page, rather than the rendered HTML.
But, as far as I can tell, this only happens in IE 6. I can't provide a
link to the actual form, cause it is on our intranet. Here is a copy of the
XHTML for the form:
http://sarah.designshift.com/hp-test/index.html
And here are screenshots of what the submit page _should_ look like and
what it _does_ look like:
http://sarah.designshift.com/hp-test/expected.jpg
http://sarah.designshift.com/hp-test/unexpected.jpg

Here is the beginning of the XHTML:
<head>

The "offending" line in this seems to be:
If I remove this line, everything works as it should, but I would rather
not remove the line if I can avoid it.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem without removing the <?xml...?> tag
would be appreciated.

TIA

Sarah