[thelist] Re: SSI on NT (parsing problems) + one more Q

Roger Harness magic32 at jps.net
Fri Jan 24 13:15:01 CST 2003

Ok, Anthony helped me figure out why if/eslif/etc commands wont work on NT
server. (Thanks Anthony!).

Now one more semi-related question, then I'm done.

On the UNIX server, I learned how to modify the .htaccess file so I didn't
have to use Shtml file extensions for SSI's. Very cool.

Is there an NT equivalent to this procedure?

Again, I've Googled, and about the only thing i've run across is 'mapping',
and seeing how this is on someone else's server, they're probably not going
to let me do anything like that. (and A. I'm not even sure if that's the
answer I'm looking for, and B. I still havent recieved any feedback from
this question I asked support a few days ago.)

Anyways, again, any suggestions/resources would be greatly appreciated!

Thank,

-Roger Harness

> >these same test files work fine on a UNIX server, but on a NT
> server, again,
> >that leftnav.shtml wont parse the commands correctly.
>
> NT/IIS does not parse SSI for commands like UNIX.
>
> Here's the list of BillG approved commands:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/i
isref/html/psdk/asp/serv9i5h.asp