[thelist] Headlines from evolt.org for 24-JAN-03

Headlines headlines at lists.evolt.org
Sat Jan 25 00:11:01 CST 2003

evolt.org headlines for 24-JAN-03

Hi evolters!

We have some fresh content on evolt.org today, contributed by our
members. Learn something new or review the perspective of someone
else:

News: ICANN Moves .org Away from VeriSign (Author: aardvark)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/1/54153/index.html

This Saturday, the .org top-level domain (TLD) will no longer be
privately managed. With VeriSign's contract with ICANN for management
of the .org TLD ending December 31, 2002, ICANN put management of the
new registry out to bid and has chosen the Internet Society (ISOC) /
Public Interest Registry (PIR) to take over the registry.

Commentary & Society: Interview with Eric Meyer (Author: TheBigFox)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/25/53433/index.html

What is the future of CSS and how complex is the learning curve for a
web developer? Eric Meyer answers our questions.

Commentary & Society: More than Standards (Author: shifter)
http://www.evolt.org/article/headline/25/54230/index.html

Where we should be headed as a development community and what we have
to look forward to. Pushing technology farther and keeping our
standards in mind.

Authors really appreciate feedback from their peers; you can leave a
comment and rate articles by logging into the evolt.org web site.

Happy reading!

evolt.org