[thelist] News Item: Major Security Flaw in MS SQL Slows Internet

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sat Jan 25 23:51:01 CST 2003

At 09:34 PM 1/25/2003, David Kaufman wrote:

>not to start a flame war or anything... but I do hope that this brings a bit
>of balance to the commercial vs. open source debate.

Bwahahahahahahahahahah!!!

P.S. This worm uses a flaw patched back in July 2002. Also, the patch was
included in the MS SQL Post SP2 Security Rollup Patch (Aug 2002), as well
as the Jan 17, 2003 SP3 Release.

IMvHO - These types of problems are going to continue to haunt us until we
have sys admins that keep up with the patches in a timely manner.

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys