[thelist] disappearing text in my CSS layout

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 11:57:01 CST 2003

I love CSS buggy behavior...

I have a layout like so:

+----+------------+
|    |            |
+----+------------+

First, this is held in a 2-column Table, 1 row by 2 cells as you can
see.

In the left cell is a div:

#leftNav {
	background: #d2d2d2;
	padding: 10px;
	width: 115px;
	border: 2px solid #0000FF; }

And in the right cell are stacked divs: (in the following exact
order, topLinks being nested inside topNav)

#topNav {
	background: #ffffff;
	border-bottom: 2px double #0000ff;}

#topLinks {
	text-align: right;
	margin: 10px 10px 6px 0px; }

#pageBody {
	background: #ffffff;
	padding: 10px;}

I put all my content in the #pageBody. The problem I have is that I
am using an H2 header at the top, and often it just doesn't show up.
It disappears. If you resize the page, it might show up. On some
pages I put a non-breaking space after it, and it shows fine. On one
page though it simply won't show up. Tried wrapping it in a div and
adding the nbsp; with no luck.

So I have this:

<!-- right column -->

## here is where the problem is, the H2 doesn't show...
<h2>Pre-Approval Application</h2>

Any ideas?

Tom

=====