[thelist] Forms and passing variables

Rachel Cunliffe r.cunliffe at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jan 27 20:55:00 CST 2003

Hi -- any help greatly appreciated.

I have a form with many fields in it, which processes it using php on
another page.  If there are required fields which are missing, it goes
back to the previous page (using header location) with an error code
appended to the file name, e.g. index.php?error=1.  My problem is that
the form does not remember what was entered in the first time (even
though I am using echo $variable; in the text attribute.. Obviously
because while the form variables were passed onto the second page, they
have not been passed back to the first page.

Is there a way of passing it back, without having to do
index.php?error=1&variable1=foo&variable2=bar etc?  A simple way of
passing them back would be greatly appreciated.. Or do I really *have*
to recode the way the form is processed and do it all on the same page?

Many thanks

Rachel