[thelist] CSS, Lists, and Display Issues

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Mon Jan 27 21:09:03 CST 2003

This one's gonna take a bit of an explanation, so play along, ok? :)

I've got an <ol> that I want to look like this (the dashed line
represents the width of the page):

  1. item               something
  2. item2         something else
  3. item               something

To accomplish this, I've done:

<ol type="1">

Works great. But here's the problem: if I want "something" to span two
lines, it won't force the next list item down. To see this in action:
http://www.curf.edu/ken/temp.asp The blue is the DIV, the red is the

What I want is for #2 in the example to start AFTER the red area. In
ascii, it looks like this:

  1. item               something
  2. item               something

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance, folks!

P.S.> When replying to this, please trim! We don't want an evolt revolt
from the digest folks. :-)