[thelist] Uploading files from an HTML form ????

Scott Webster pippen at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 28 06:52:01 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Casey Crookston" <casey at thecrookstons.com>
: This is all fine and dandy... no problems.  But here's the question: Client
: does not want to use FTP to get PDF;s from their desktops to the remote web
: server.  They want to upload PDF's from the same web based form from which

: Host company uses JMail to manage forms.  How would I go about doing this...
: what problems will I run into?  What questions do I need to ask the host
: company?  How do I configure the HTML form?
Casey,

Have a look into the following products below (to name 2 common ones) that
will help you do this. Most ISPs these days have a number of free components
that are part of your hosting package and quite often a file-upload
component is included. Check with your ISP.

http://www.softartisans.com/softartisans/saf.html
http://www.aspupload.com

I'm sure suitable tutorials will be in the relevant product doco.
hth