[thelist] Putting registered trademarks in a template design

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 06:56:10 CST 2003

I just came across a site that is selling web site templates and in one of
the templates I've found something curious. It's curious to me because I'm a
comic book collector (or used to be) and one of the template designs has
incorporated Spider-man as a major part of its design. I know that
Spider-man is a trademark of Marvel Comics and to get to my question before
I ramble on, isn't it illegal to sell a trademark that isn't your own on a
website, this is essentially what is happening with this particular
template?

Take a look: http://www.flinteldesign.com/templates_website.html about half
way down the page Item #1900

Bob