[thelist] Where to Store Username and Password in SQL Tables

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jan 28 11:21:31 CST 2003

> How do I go about adding all of this at the same time?  No PK exists
> until I execute the query to add the data to the Manufacturers table.

true

you need two insert statements

> What I'm not grasping is how I pull the PK from the Manufacturer's table
> when I create the User.

aye, that's the challenge

> Does this make sense?

well, i don't do php, but i'll give it a shot

> if(data is ok && no duplicate information){

no, let the database check for duplicates during the insert

> $last=last_insert_id(manufacturers);

yes, that function or mysql_insert_id -- check the manual for the one you'd
rather use

there's another way to do it, but those functions are fine

rudy