[thelist] Where to Store Username and Password in SQL Tables

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Tue Jan 28 13:28:18 CST 2003

Rudy said:

> yes, that function or mysql_insert_id -- check the manual for
> the one you'd rather use

I got it to work perfectly using mysql_insert_id(). So what happens now
is that I add data to the Manufacturer table first, then I copy the
Man_ID into the Users table to act as a Foreign Key.

I did this all with MySQL. The big question now is if there is a similar
function for MS SQL? Looking through the PHP manual it doesn't appear
so. And LAST_INSERT_ID() seems to be specific to MySQL.