[thelist] crash course in PHP/MySQL

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Jan 28 18:16:40 CST 2003

Thanks for the book recommendations (and keep them coming!). I realize
the on-line PHP documentation is highly regarded, but I prefer paper
when possible (despite the fact my new 23" Apple Cinema HD Display
moves the screen significantly closer to paper
<http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/>) (thank god I purchased recently
enough to receive $1500 back due to today's announcement of the price
being slashed 43%).

It seems like someone would have made a PDF of the on-line
documentation and added an index, but I can't google it up if it exists.

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 03:25 PM, Peter Loron wrote:
> MySqlFront is what you're looking for. The project has been
> "suspeneded", but the current release (and discussion) is available at
> this link:
>
> http://mysqlfront.venturemedia.de/
> index.php?s=9503bf12672368f1fd43045383a76713&act=ST&f=2&t=328

Yes! This is what I was looking for ... but drat, suspended; not likely
it will be compiled for OS X ... I forgot to mention that my desire to
move to PHP/MySQL is fueled by by desire to move from Windows to Mac
for my database/scripting work ... I found this, which looks pretty
nifty: <http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net/>.

Erik Mattheis
(612) 377 2272
<http://goZz.com/>