[thelist] Forms and getElementById

Rob Whitener rwhitener at DesignOptions.com
Wed Jan 29 10:28:02 CST 2003

Yes, I am going to change the names of the images.  I thought using the id
property for the images and the name property for the form elements wouldn't
cause any confusion.

Thanks.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Brady [mailto:evolt at scottbrady.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 11:24 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Forms and getElementById

Someone else may have more of a clue than I do, but the first thing I'd do
is rename your image's so that they have a different ID than the form
elements' names.  Theoretically, it shouldn't matter, but I wonder if that's
causing a problem.

For instance, for a formfield called "email" I'd name the IMG
"id=email_arrow" or something like that.

There could be other issues, but that'd me my first guess.

Scott Brady

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/