[thelist] ASP Newbie Cookie Timeout Probs

Christopher Ditty cditty at mlgw.org
Wed Jan 29 12:32:01 CST 2003

Hello all.  Can someone tell me how to make a cookie expire in ASP in say 10 minutes instead of 1 day?  Below is the code that I am using..
>From what I have been able to find, you have to set the date and time in the cookie.  Does that mean that I have to create a variable and create my date/time and then put it in the Expires?

Response.Cookies("sessCookTime") = "cookieName"
Response.Cookies("sessCookTime").Domain = ".example.com"
Response.Cookies("sessCookTime").Expires = Date + 1
Response.Cookies("sessCookTime").Path = "/"
Response.Cookies("sessCookTime").Secure = False

Thanks

Chris