[thelist] More ASP problems - Checking for cookie existance

Christopher Ditty cditty at mlgw.org
Thu Jan 30 08:46:15 CST 2003

Hello again.  I am trying to check for the existence of a cookie in my
ASP app.  I cannot get ASP respond like I think it should.  I have
placed the following code in the global.asa file in the sub
Application_Onstart(), but when the page is loaded, I get error 8002802b
Element not found.

I tried searching goggle for an answer, but the problems I find are not
the same as mine.  I have tried IsEmpty, Null, Empty and each one
returns errors.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Chris

[code]
if(null(Request.Cookies("sessLoggedIn"))) then
Response.Redirect(response.write(Application(failureUrl) & "?code=4"))
end if
[/code]