[thelist] Javascript:self..... Tip here

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Fri Jan 31 08:36:01 CST 2003

On Friday, January 31, 2003 9:16 AM, Rob Smith wrote:

> Your typical navigation consists of links and most often a Home
> button. And if you're using relative links, then this tip could be
> useful.

> 				    systems of the two sites. -->

How long you been doin' this, Rob? :-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist a little dig. Learning about how to reference
documents are various levels of the URI tree was the first thing I added to
my knowledge base. I guess it's a testament to just how young our industry
is that there is such a disparity of knowledge. I'm sure you know things
that you consider to be the most basic information, that I know nothing
about. :-)

Which brings up a thought. Does Evolt have a document or series of documents
that sets forth some basic knowledge that everyone who calls himself or
herself a webmaster should know? That would be an interesting thing to have.

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net