[thelist] Currency Conversion (ASP) - pls help !

Waldi Krogmann webmaster at humor.co.za
Sat Feb 1 13:31:01 CST 2003

Hi !
- I am looking for ways to add a currency converter to my ASP site (Access DB)
- Just to convert from US dollar ($) to South African Rand (R), - no other currencies. This values will be added in a "shopping basket"

(I don't want a link / converter on my site, everything will be in the DB / back-end, so that the users don't have to do the conversion themselves...)

The idea is to add the current exchange rate (manually through an admin page) to the Access database , then all the product prices (in DB) should automaticaly be adjusted.
e.g. the Product price displayed on the web will be in Rand, not $ ...

Perhaps there is a way to the add the exchange rate automatically everyday from the web (import), from a bank or currency site (but if they change their url / fields it might cause  problems). Then the admin page won't be necessary ...i

Anyone know how to do this ?

Thank You !