[thelist] CSS + Netscape 4.7 HELL

Cake cake at brothercake.com
Sun Feb 2 12:52:01 CST 2003

I'm just about to deal with this very thing - having upgraded a
corporate template to XHTML/CSS I have *one person* (but he's a senior
director) who insists on using netscape 4.

Since his expertise is MR, I plan to tell him an analogy, something like
"imagine you're doing an online survey quesitonnaire, but one person,
out of thousands of potential respondents, insists on a paper
questionnaire; but to design, print and distribute this paper
questionnaire would cost as much (in resources and time) as the whole of
the rest of the project put together".

Perhaps if you can think of a similar analagy to suit your client's
industry or expertise, she may be able to grok the point!

James