[thelist] CSS + Netscape 4.7 HELL

Cake cake at brothercake.com
Sun Feb 2 13:56:00 CST 2003

<aside>
But online surveys and paper questionnaires are not the same - to print
out a survey which is supposed to be online will skew the results,
because how the survey is conducted makes a huge difference to how the
data can be analysed;

But of course, if an online methodology could not capture the
demographics the survey required, then a paper alternative would have to
be offered ... I guess that's where analogies are of limited use ... ;)
</aside>

But I didn't mean to imply you should ignore Netscape 4 completely, or
even (heaven forbid) make one of those awful "please upgrade your
browser" pages. A well structured XHTML document should be perfectly
useable without any CSS at all, and I personally put ns4 into this
bracket, using the @import method to do so.

James