[thelist] ASP Autonumber fields w/ Access

Martyn Haigh martyn.haigh at virgincosmetics.com
Mon Feb 3 05:57:01 CST 2003

<snip>

> What happens if you change it from an AutoNumber, Long Integer type to an
> AutoNumber, Replication ID field?  Will that give you the result you need?

</snip>
OK - it seems that the attributes setting is set to 90 when it is an
autonumber.  For numbers & dates I'm getting 118 and for text strings I'm
getting 102.

The only thing is that I can't find any documentation I can understand for
fields.Attributes.
I've found stuff like this :

Constant		Value		Description
adFldCacheDeferred 0x1000	Provider caches values and reads from cache
adFldFixed		0x10		Fixed-length data
adFldIsChapter	0x2000	Chapter value with specified child recordset
adFldIsCollection 0x40000	Collection of resources
etc			etc		etc

But this isn't any good to me as I don't know how to use this.  Do you have
any idea what 90 actually means - or 118 or 102 and should I look out for
any other values?

Thank you

Martyn

DISCLAIMER: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.