[thelist] email newsletters

colin bocmaxima at wtez.net
Mon Feb 3 09:52:00 CST 2003

Hi List,

After much trial and many errors I have not found a way to successfully send a multipart email through any of my email programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora) which is sufficiently controllable. Exactly what I'd like to do is just get the email program to change the content-type to "multipart/alternative" and add the boundary lines and still let me edit it. Outlook Express will do this nicely, but it takes all of the text out of the html in the order in which it appears in the code and does not allow you to format it. Anyone know a way to do this?
I'm looking to push my organization to purchase some sort of Newsletter/Spam writing software. Does anyone have any recommendations for software to use? I've noticed the prices are about it the $60-70 range. But, I would much rather get a free email program to do this if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Please reply to bocmaxima at wtez.net
Thanks,

colin