[thelist] Adobe Page Maker to PDF

Rob Sylvan rsylvan at attbi.com
Mon Feb 3 10:57:04 CST 2003

Bob Boisvert wrote:
> I have a non-profit I keep a web site for (www.sppots.org) and I have
> been trying to find a way for them to get me the newsletter to put on
> the web. You'll notice I just have a message box come up when the
> newsletter link is clicked. I have tried having them send it to me in
> HTML format but they seem to keep forgetting to send the images. I
> have tried having them convert it to PDF with a utility I told them
> about (PDF995) and sending it to me but for some reason they seem to
> have trouble getting that to work.
>
> I don't have page maker or anything to view it with. Does anyone know
> of another utility or another way that would allow them to get me the
> newsletter short of having them FTP it to the server themselves?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

(sorry if I'm being dense, but it's Monday) If I understand you correctly
... you're saying your client uses pagemaker to create newsletters, you
don't have pagemaker, and you want them to send you a file in a format that
you can read. Right?

I'm no pagemaker guru, but I found this link
http://pagemaker2pdf.notlong.com (Exporting PageMaker 6.5x and 7.0.x
Publications to PDF).

For other types of files I have had success using this free service
www.gobcl.com. It's free and web-based, so the user uploads the document
(RTF, TXT, DOC, XLS, PPT) and gobcl converts it and emails back either PDF
or HTML version pretty quickly.

The file comes back zipped (if I recall) so you'll need some kind of
unzipping utility.

Hope that helps.

Rob