[thelist] ASP .NET - What do I need?

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Feb 3 17:02:21 CST 2003

Check out www.asp.net

You need:
a) the .Net runtime (this came out in 2002, after WinXP was launched so it's
not included)
b) if you want all the documentation, sample applications and quickstarts
you can download the .Net Framework instead. This includes the .Net runtime,
plus all the extras
c) ASP.Net Web Matrix is a free development tool from the ASP.Net team. It
has a few bugs, and missing bits-and-pieces since it has not reached a
"released" status yet.

Cheers
Ken

From: "Casey Crookston" <casey at thecrookstons.com>
Subject: [thelist] ASP .NET - What do I need?

: I've upgraded my OS to XP and I'd like to start coding in ASP .NET.  Do I
: have all I need, or is there a "framework" I need to download and install.
: All of my old .asp stuff still works fine with existing IIS.
:
: I'm anxious to try out Microsoft's free Matrix... (is that what's it's
: called... their aspx development tool?)
:
: Thanks,
:
: Casey