[thelist] Problems with FTP transfers borking out...

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Mon Feb 3 21:55:58 CST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 09:58 AM, Joshua Olson wrote:

> Just one...
>
> Is it possible that the firewall may be interrupting the traffic?
[snip]
> Which FTP server did you say you were using?  IIS or some 3rd party FTP
> server?

Yeah, I've done some Google searches and it does appear that Cisco
firewalls do indeed need some settings tweaked in order for FTP to be
useful again.  As coincidence has it, the Cisco firewall is a
relatively new thing, and it may be that some monkey didn't configure
it properly.

We're running wu-ftpd, which hasn't changed (other than patches) in
years...

I'll tinker some more with my settings locally in the mean time...

Thanks!

Chris.