[thelist] Free Tip - Please Read

Jason Handby jasonh at pavilion.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 05:02:01 CST 2003

> Jason Handby wrote:
> >>Has anyone got any ideas on how to do this in Outlook 2002?
> >

> > What I do in Outlook is to click "reply" on a random message,
> copy thelist's
> > email address out of the "To" field of that reply message,
> close the message
> > without sending it, create a new blank message and paste the
> email address
> > into the "To" field!
> >
> > Of course one of these days I'll get round to adding thelist to
> my address
> > book :-)
>
> Jason, that's exactly what you shouldn't be doing. the way you do it
> screws up the (very useful) threaded view. Instead, simply compose a new
> email and add thelist's address into the to field. It only takes 10
> seconds longer (if that).

Lach, I don't disagree with you -- I think you must have misread what I just
wrote. I'm talking about composing a new email, from scratch, empty, by
clicking the "New" button on the toolbar -- the only thing I do with the
"reply" message is to copy "thelist at lists.evolt.org" out of the "To" field
and into my clipboard rather than having to type it.

Best

Jason