[thelist] Help? [php books]

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Tue Feb 4 20:36:01 CST 2003

Mike,
First of all it is always helpful to include the subject of your post in
the subject line. theList is reasonably high volume and it helps people
pick out the stuff they are interested in when they scan their emails if
you have a descriptive subject line.
Second, I found "PHP and MySQL Web Development" by Luke Welling and
Laura Thomson and excellent guide to get me started. Another book that
has been spoken of highly (but I have not read) is "Build Your Own
Database-Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL" by Kevin Yank (of
sitepoint.com fame). Also the online manual at http://www.php.net is
excellent, as are various tutorials and forums at
http://www.phpbuilder.net (even though the site is  *ugly* ;) )

--
Paul Bennett
Internet Developer