[thelist] Sponsorship Table Design Question

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Wed Feb 5 22:43:43 CST 2003

I'm working on a conference registration site and one of the applications
will allow sponsors to sign up (and pay) online.

I'm trying to make the data as dynamic as possible, but am wondering what
would be the best way to design the sponsorship_type tables.

Here are the basic requirements:
1) Each type can have at most 5 sponsors
2) There are 7 types:

Diamond:  covers the entire week
Platinum:  each sponsor can choose a day's lunch to sponsor (M-Th)
Gold: covers the entire week
Silver: covers the entire week
Partner: covers the entire week
Cyber Cafe:  covers a single day (Sun - Th), but each sponsor can buy
multiple days
A/V Services: covers a single day (M - Th), but each sponsor can buy
multiple days

I'm trying to figure out how to do the sponsorship_type table.  If the Cyber
Cafe one didn't have "Sunday" listed, then I could just have a "fullweek"
flag. If not "fullweek" then each sponsor chooses a day. Or something like
that.

This will be on a SQL Server 2000 database with coding done in ColdFusion.

Any ideas?

Thanks!