[thelist] Creating Directories in ASP

Aaron Johnson lists at cephas.net
Fri Feb 7 09:42:01 CST 2003

Hi Frank,

> I am working on an application where I want to have the user sign
> up for an account, and then have it create a directory on the
> server automatically for them and then transfer files into that
> directory using ASP.  Can anyone help point me in the right
> direction?
 -- here's a quick function that'll create a directory for you:

Sub CreateFolder(strFolderPath)

	Dim objFSO

	'create an FSO

	'make sure folder doesn't already exist
	if NOT objFSO.FolderExists(strFolderPath) then
		objFSO.CreateFolder(strFolderPath)
	end if

	Set objFSO = Nothing
End Sub

where strFolderPath is the physical path to the directory you'd like created
(ie: c:\hosts\mysite.com\wwwroot\aaron\)

AJ

Aaron Johnson
http://cephas.net/blog/
ajohnson at cephas.net