[thelist] AOL email links - wtf

Christopher Ditty cditty at mlgw.org
Fri Feb 7 10:02:02 CST 2003

Try putting a space  before the http and before  the final quote.  I
have the same problem and this seems to take care of most of it.

Chris

>>> sbeam at syxyz.net 02/07/03 09:48AM >>>
Hey I have a client who reports that certain URLs embedded in emails
coming
from their site are not showing up as clickable links in AOL 7.0 and
8.0.
I've researched this as much as I can but can only find the usual stuff
about
using the <a> tag for AOL - and that this applies to AOL version 5.0
and
earlier only:
http://webmaster.info.aol.com/htmlemail.html

I have the usual stuff in the emails, i.e:
http://www.somelink.net/something/something
(<a href="http://www.somelink.net/something/something">For AOL users
click
here</a>)

Does anyone have a tried-and-true tip for getting around the AOL email
mess? I
know you have to compromise somewhat but I can't find anything else to
do.
Tanks
-S
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/