[thelist] Re: MM Contribute

Tony Light TonyLight at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:46:01 CST 2003

John Corry wrote:

> I am looking at Editize and MM Contribute as possible solutions.
>
> Has anyone had experience with either of these products and do you have
> any pro/con type information?

I looked at Editize earlier this week.  Initial reaction good, but kept
finding more and more things that I did not like.

It claims wide browser compatibility - but crashed my PC when I tried it
with Opera 6 and 7.
Couldn't drag and drop.  Restricted styles. Couldn't get at the HTML itself
(which may be a plus in some cases I suppose).

Not tried MM Contribute.  Don't like the licencing model.

You could try the RichText Editor from Sourceforge...
http://richtext.sourceforge.net/

I use it, and find it quite easy to customise - so you can tweak it to do
your picture captions and links.

Downside is that like a lot of these wysiwyg-ish products, it is only for
IE5.5 and up.

HTH.

Tony.