[thelist] Mozilla Preference (open in new tab)

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 14:07:00 CST 2003

I've noticed that sometimes whenI install it and try and open a window
in a new tab (from an  existing tabbed window), the new tab opens and I
remain on the parent tab that I opened it up from.  This is great -
> it's exactly how I want it.  However, currently, it opens the new tab
and proceeds to switch me over to the new tab.  I
> can't find any settings in the preferences that seem to fit what I
want -- has anyone else noticed the situation I'm describing, and have
you found out how to fix it?  I'm currently using the 1.2b if that makes
a difference.

+++++

Hi

Try:

Edit > preferences > tabbed browsing

Then check or uncheck "load links in the background" as needed.
Checking this should be what you're after

Regards

Francis