[thelist] using Includes and search engine spidering/ranking

Lonnie Kraemer lwkraemer at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 9 23:57:01 CST 2003

> I'm considering using 3 includes, all of which will include site
navigation links.

> Will this affect Google spidering (and all the other robots), etc?
Having a hard time picturing this coz all I can "see" is a spider
"looking" at the code and simply seeing the Include html file. Does the
spider then go into each Include file and spider from there?

Respectable search engine spiders/robots only see what you see at the
browser. They DO NOT look at code. If you are doing server-side stuff,
no worries in this respect. This is NOT the same as dynamic content,
which may effect SE spidering rules.