[thelist] How to do in JavaScript ?

Abdullah Shaikh abdullah at uxdg.com
Mon Feb 10 12:18:01 CST 2003

You cant really do this via JS, but if you are using a backend language such
as ASP or PHP, you can get the HTTP Remote Host, and set it as a JS variable
at runtime.

eg... in PHP

<script language="Javascript">

    var remoteHostName = <?php echo($_SERVER['REMOTE_HOST']) ?>

</script>

HTH --

Abdullah
abdullah [at] uxdg.com