[thelist] reworded MySQL query insert and back again

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 10:04:13 CST 2003

Rudy I really dont think the temp_table can be removed as this contain sthe
orders of the visitor.  I could be wrong though!  If the users records are not
going to be held here until check out where will they be held?

ok the table logic is this......

'ref_colours'

ColorName  ColorName

blue		1
black 	2
green		3

'item_color'

id	item_id	color_id
auto	1			1
	1			2
	1			3
	2			2
	3			2
	3			3

Temp_Table

UserID 	ItemID 	ItemQuantity 	Date 	CartItemsID 	ColorName 	size
1		1		1			ddmmyy 1				3	whatever

so the problem is the 3 I have tried almost everything except what I should have
I guess to get 'green' inserted instead of 3

Andrew