[thelist] addressbook table design [sql]

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 11 19:22:01 CST 2003

> ID -> foreign key to your persons.ID
> EMAIL - email address
> TYPE - one of a set of types that you designate.  You
> could have a TYPE table, in which you could have types of
> WORK, HOME, SCHOOL, etc.  In that case TYPE would be
> numeric, and a foreign key to the TYPE tables

That's a good idea although it will add overhead because
I will usually want to display all the user information
and this will meaning running the query on two tables.
It's sounds like a space vs. performance thing, but
correct me if I'm wrong (frankly this database will be
quite small but it's still an exercise).

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]