[thelist] incorrect use of ID parameter?

Miles Tillinger miles.tillinger at intecgroup.com.au
Tue Feb 11 23:44:01 CST 2003

After running some of my HTML through validator.w3.org I have realized that
I've been using the ID parameter incorrectly:

e.g.

Creating a CSS class for TD:    TD#CLASSNAME { font-weight: bold; }

And applying it to a TD: <TD ID="CLASSNAME">hello world</TD>

So when I run this through the validator it picks up a heap of duplicate ID
parameter values.  I haven't noticed any bad effects of this so far, it just
means that running my pages through the validator is a bit of a hassle!  Am
I going to experience other problems doing things this way?

Cheers,

Miles.