[thelist] google drops the ball

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Feb 12 07:55:01 CST 2003

having always admired google for their outstanding ability to design usable
result pages, i am totally aghast at what they've done today

maybe it's me, but i'm getting a frame down the left containing "Enhanced
Results" (which incidentally are anything but) and the frame is not
resizable, which leads to a horizontal scrollbar in the right frame, which i
friggin HATE

i cannot right-click and view source in the left frame, nor can i see how
the frame structure is achieved, because when i view source for the page, i
don't see a frameset

i have a suspicion that google is sniffing my browser, which is ie6, because
this isn't happening in opera 6 or mozilla

my initial impression is this "enhanced" feature is may drive me to yahoo or
alltheweb

for reasons i don't wish to go into at the moment, i don't plan to stop
using ie6, even though the thought has occurred to me from time to time

comments, anyone?

in case you're wondering, i was searching for Firebird Database

rudy