[thelist] Spam Cop??

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Thu Feb 13 08:06:01 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003 8:54 AM, Geoff Sheridan wrote:

> You should certainly check to make sure you don't have any old
> versions of Matt's Script Archive Formmail.

Not an issue for me. I write my own form processing scripts in ASP.

> But if your server is providing a means to let spammers operate, you
> want to fix it quick.

Okay, I'll reveal my server admin ignorance here. I buy space from a web
hosting provider and I assume they know what they're doing. How can I find
out if they have their mail server misconfigured so that it has an open
relay for instance. It is Windows/IIS.

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net