[thelist] troubleshooting tables [tip]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 14:51:01 CST 2003

I definitely owe many tips for all the help I have received here, so
here is one that I use often:

<tip type="troubleshooting tables" author="pixelmech">

It can be a real pain working with tables that contain lots of
columns and rows when you are moving things around, adjusting things
and so on. Nest some tables and it becomes a real migraine generator.

Now you probably know to turn on the border of your table(s) to help
you see what is going on. But if you have nested tables this is only
so helpful.

What you can do is turn on the BORDERCOLOR feature. This can be
especially helpful with nested tables. Not only can you see the table
better (the border renders nicer with color) you can choose something
other than gray, which maybe isn't helping you much - and - each
nested table can be a *different* color. Now you know right where
that third nested table is, because its red!

Note: this really only works in IE - which isn't a problem for
troubleshooting.

</tip>

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();