[thelist] beta site check please

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 14:35:00 CST 2003

--- Sarah <poohbear at designshift.com> wrote:
> >http://www.sparklesparties.com/

> I agree that it is a nice site, appealing to both target audiences.
> I think
> maybe the About Us link should be more prominent (maybe it should
> have it's
> own tab?). I also agree that the pictures for colouring should not
> print automatically.

Actually, About Us was a main tab at one point, but we didn't feel
that it holds the same function as the main tabs. It is definitely
not a primary function of the site like Parties or the Store would
be, but informational. Doing some research, I found this to be true
on many sites that I felt had a good IA. So that's the thinking
behind it.

> Not wanting to start a flame-war (as I realize how important this
> issue may
> be to some people) - is it really necessary to include a biblical
> quote in
> the site? You may want to consider what purpose this will serve,
> and that
> some visitors may not find it appropriate (and some may even find
> it offensive).

Not wanting to engage in a flame-war :P -- The quote only resides on
the 'about us' page, which is - in fact - about us! I'll save thelist
any discussion on why its there, and only say that its important to
us, and that if people think its inappropriate or offensive they
don't have to use our service - and thats fine, its their choice.

Thanks for the comments!

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();