[thelist] Why does BrowserCam show different colors? (Was: Is BrowserCam costing...)

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Fri Feb 14 20:21:01 CST 2003

Some toys are really fascinating.  This certainly isn't an important
question, but ...

I noticed that the BrowserCam rendition of one of my sites (IE6, W2K)
was colored a bit differently from what I saw in my own browser
(IE6.2, W2K), and wondered why.  I supposed that the lossy compression
of a .JPG was a factor, and sure enough, when I re-rendered the
BrowserCam version as a .BMP, the colors rendered more "accurately".
But there is still a small difference, and I'm wondering if it could
be a difference between the almost identical browser versions.

I posted screenshots, and wonder if anyone cares to comment.  The
.BMPs are 1.4MB, but they show the difference more accurately than
the 127KB .JPGs.

http://www.comsimplicity.com/screenshots/BrowserCamW2K60_Rendered.bmp
http://www.comsimplicity.com/screenshots/BrowserCamW2K62_Actual.bmp

   or

http://www.comsimplicity.com/screenshots/BrowserCamW2K60_Rendered.jpg
http://www.comsimplicity.com/screenshots/BrowserCamW2K62_Actual.jpg

Thanks again for the great tool.

(Enough playing - time to get back to work)