[thelist] CSS Image Captions

kevin D. white kevination at suchsmallhands.com
Sun Feb 16 20:08:01 CST 2003

gabriel rivera wrote:

>David wrote,
>

>>Right, but is it possible to use GD functions OR getimagesize() on
>>images stored in a CMS?  I don't know, but I kind of doubt it.
>>

>I've never seen a compelling reason to store an image inside the db
>itself...although I'd be interested to come across one...anyone have any
>examples?

If data integrity is a primary concern then storing as a BLOB is better
than storing just a pointer. If the database only stores a pointer then
there is the potential for orphaned records unless you write an
application to detect discrepancies between the file system and the
database.

--
---
kevin D. white