[thelist] good ECMAScript (or JavaScript) guide/reference

kevin D. white kevination at suchsmallhands.com
Mon Feb 17 13:40:01 CST 2003

Sarah wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good ECMAScript guide and reference? I figure I
> should try to find one, since this is the recommended scripting language,
> as opposed to JavaScript. But a good JavaScript guide and reference would
> be good, too. (I am looking for something which would be good for someone
> who already knows the basics of JavaScript.) Any thoughts on how useful
> ECMAScript actually is at this point would also be welcome. TIA!
>
> Sarah

ECMAScript is the core syntax. So if you know JavaScript/JScript then
you already know ECMAScript. As for references, there are two I would
recommend:

1. JavaScript Programmer's Reference by Cliff Wootton
http://tinyurl.com/5z14

2. Pure JavaScript 2nd Edition
http://tinyurl.com/5z18

I prefer #1 because it comes with the complete reference on CD in both
PDF and HTML formats. The HTML version is incredibly useful and serves
as my primary JS reference.

--
---
kevin D. white