[thelist] Cold Fusion, Q-Mail, Spool Files

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Tue Feb 18 01:22:00 CST 2003

At 06:58 AM 2/18/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>At this volume, I would *strongly* recommend that you don't let this
>Qmail server do the end-user delivery.  Chuck everything at a big fat
>relay instead.

Can you clarify by what you mean sending to a relay? As a novice admin,
what I understand is that a relay is a foreign machine that handles the
load. Most often the machine's resources are surreptitiously stolen by evil
spammers. I get the sense that you're telling me that there are
professional services that do this.

If our machine is set up to handle this task uniquely, do you still
recommend a relay?