[thelist] Using flat files instead of database for Java driven app

Dee, Dax Development.com daxi2000 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 18 12:36:00 CST 2003

Hi everyone!
  I'm finishing up a project and I've come to a situation that I've not
run into before.  Basically, I need to make this application read flat
files to get the information on various products for this client's site
(this is just for a shopping type app, so the pages aren't going to need
to be generated from this info per se...the app just needs to be able to
read the info in order to direct the surfer to the appropriate wizard).
The client doesn't have a database currently, and isn't interested at
this point in adding a database to their current hosting.  I've not
worked with JSP/Java apps that needed to read from flat files.  I'm not
finding the information on using the flat files rather than a database
in my usual haunts.
	Does anyone have some good resources that may help?  I know this
is something simple....but, my brain can't seem to get away from the
"database space".
	TIA for any resources you all can provide.

Dee
"If you can *dream* it, we can *do* it!
www.daxdevelopment.com