[thelist] CSS positioning discrepancy between Mozilla 1.2a+ and others

Cake cake at brothercake.com
Tue Feb 18 15:33:01 CST 2003

Specifically, I'm building a CSS/DHTML dropdown menu and have a
positioning discrepancy between

1 - mozilla 1.2a and 1.3a; and
2 - ie5, ie6, safari, opera 7 and all other mozilla builds back to 1.0
RC2

I'm doubly inclined, both to thinking that 1 is right (because it's the
latest mozilla) and that 2 is right (because it's the majority response)
but I just don't know, and don't know how to find out - for the sake of
forward-compatibility, I need to know which is right.

.. it's hard to explain further without a demo and code references, so
if anyone is sufficiently peaked to take a look, a fuller explanation is
at http://www.brothercake.com/scripts/navmeister/page.php  The page
mentions other problems, but it's the mozilla discrepancy I'm most
concerned about.

James Edwards