[thelist] database connection across different IP's

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Tue Feb 18 21:55:00 CST 2003

Ken Schaefer wrote:

>Better would be a process that can *push* the data from inside the firewall
>to the webserver outside the firewall. Assuming you have Windows machines,
>you can use the Windows Task Scheduler to run a batch file (to copy the
>whole .mdb file) -or- a .vbs file (just put some VBScript into a file,
>instantiate some ADO objects etc) to create the necessary data and FTP or
>similar to the webserver.

so how could I set up the php / mysql application (on a shared hosting
environment) to  receive the sent info from the windows box? I am
surmising that the batch file or vbs file can't POST it to a script
which will grab all the data and feed it into the  secondary db?  how
else could i receive it into the application?

--
Paul Bennett
Internet Developer
Email : paul at teltest.com