[thelist] keeping the computers synchronized

Jeniffer C. Johnson lead at offlead.com
Wed Feb 19 02:03:04 CST 2003

At 10:50 PM 2/18/2003, you wrote:
>When you created the share on the desktop computer, did you change the
>Offline sharing mode to "Automatic Caching for Documents"?
>
>I just tried this. Any new folders I create on the server are appearing on
>my desktop when I browse the the share...

Yeah, I can get to the files so long as I'm ON the network. The sharing
works fine. What doesn't work fine is the "available offline" stuff. Any
new directories, even when they're under something being synched and made
available, are NOT available once I unplug the network cable.

>Another option would be to use xcopy.exe (if you only have 1-way
>synchronisation), since you can use a switch to only copy newer files from
>one machine to the other.

I need 2-way, since I need any files I've worked on with the laptop to then
be on the desktop once I get back home. Such hassle these machines have
introduced into my life. ;-)

Jeniffer